Each summer Source Festival employs more than 200 artists to present 25 new works over 3 weeks in June and July. The Festival incorporates theatre artists, visual artists, dancers, musicians and more. Current opportunities are below. (To get involved in Source Festival 2014 sign up for the CulturalDC mailing list and check back here for more information in August of 2013.)
OPPORTUNITIES FOR DESIGN INTERNS
CulturalDC's Source Festival is offering unique design internships in Set, Lighting, Props, Sound, and Costume Design! Interns will have the opportunity to…
- Assist a professional DC designer on three full-length productions
- Design projects within the Festival
- Attend production meetings and rehearsals
- Play an essential role in tech week
- Attend intern meetings and events aimed to enhance the intern experience
- Learn about the new play process by attending Source Festival Workshop Weekend (a play development weekend for the playwright and production team)
- Props and Costumes Design Interns may also have the opportunity to design for the Source Festival Ten-Minute Plays
Interns will be selected in early 2013 and begin assisting duties in the spring. Candidates may be enrolled in university programs while completing this internship. To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Most Design Internship positions have been filled. We are still seeking Prop and Sound Design Interns.
Questions? Please email Jess Jung, Associate Producer.
To receive information about volunteering during the festival you can sign up for our mailing list and select "Volunteer Opportunities" for future announcements.